In the third quarter of this year Afterfall: InSanity will undergo a revival. Thanks to the Extended Edition which will be delivered to the players by Nicolas Games SA and Intoxicate Studios, creators of the game, you will be able to revisit the Shelter "Glory" and face the psychosis of the post-nuclear society one more time.
The edition symbolically called "2.0" will containt a lot of improvements to the basic version of the game. The PC version will be distributed in a form of a free patch for those who already bought Afterfall: InSanity. The Xbox 360 version will include all of the improvements. One of the most important changes will be more dynamic and intuitive fight system. The protagonist of the game – Albert Tokaj – is much more deft now, both as far as his movements and attacks are concerned. Animations also underwent some changes – both in gameplay and in cutscenes.
The game for Xbox360 will already include all of the improvements of the Extended Edition. Users of the Microsoft's gaming system will receive a product improved according to gamers' expectations. Most important changes include:
– New dynamic fight system
– Improved cutscenes (camera, sound, animations)
– More elements of psychosis (FearLock)
– Improved facial expression
– Improved sound of environment anf characters
– Better efficiency/optimisation
– New weapon
– New automatic save points (checkpoints)
– New AI variants
– New light/special effects
– New and improved sound effects
– New balancing of gameplay
– Changes in the narration style
– Technical and gameplay improvements
Patch 2.0 which will update the PC version to the Extended Edition will be released in Q3 2012 and available for a free download. Details concerning the premiere and changes will soon be revealead.